Supporting mental health in Minnesota schools, Prairie Care Fund provides crucial funding for resources, training, and peer-to-peer initiatives.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introduction to Prairie Care Fund, a mental health nonprofit boosting mental health initiatives in Minnesota schools.
- Overview of how the funds can be used including curriculum, books, fidgets, HeartMath monitors.
- Highlighting the impact of Prairie Care Fund: $1.4M awarded, over 80,000 students and staff impacted.
- Tackling the challenge: 69 grant applications in 2023, $1.5M requested, only $220,000 awarded.
- Unfolding the success stories: mental health first aid training, peer-to-peer training, and early onset mental illness identification skills.
- Striving to reduce mental health stigma and provide coping mechanisms.
- The imperative need for mental health resources and support in schools.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Jennifer Christensen on LinkedIn
Jennifer Christensen on Twitter
Beacon Media + Marketing
Beacon Media + Marketing @beaconmm