Welcome to another gripping episode of The Beacon Way Podcast! This episode is the third of a four-part series, covering all things brand messaging. Our hosts, Adrienne Wilkerson and Jennifer Christensen, tackle the third topic of the series: “What problem does your product or service solve for your target audience?” and ”What makes you different from your competition?” We start by understanding how we can, and should, stand out in our industry. We learn how to identify desirable marketing channels, how we can remove our growth barriers, and how to solve problems without complicating things. We take a deep look at whether there can be a balance of price, speed, and quality and how you can evolve and interchange between the three. We are lucky enough to hear personal examples from Jen and Adrienne about the evolution of Beacon Media, how they created a business model based on their clients, and their core values of growth, scaling, and thriving. Plus, we take a look at how, although it's frustrating, asking deeper and difficult questions sets you in good stead for the future. We hope you can join us!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Today’s episode covers question three: “What problem is your product or service solving?”
- Recognizing the difference between a pain point and problem-solving.
- How to be aware of your ego and the barriers it may place on your business.
- The business model Beacon Media uses as an example of how to recognize pain points.
- Identifying, and then deepening your understanding, of your customers' pain points.
- What to consider when solving your clients’ problems, and how you may be uncovering more problems during this process.
- Why clients struggle with internal marketing or the internal side of sales.
- Understanding what makes your business unique and different from your competition.
- The importance of understanding your industry.
- The triangle of a balance of quality, speed, and price and some applicable examples.
- Niching in your company and the potential evolution.
- Deciding if you want to make money out of quality or quantity.
- How to be introspective about your company values and be successful from that.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Adrienne Wilkerson on LinkedIn
Adrienne Wilkerson on Twitter
Jennifer Christensen on LinkedIn
Jennifer Christensen on Twitter
Beacon Media + Marketing
Beacon Media + Marketing on Twitter
Beacon Media Email